Saturday, October 13, 2007

EIGHT MILES!

That wasn't so bad, was it?

So many Frost Toes had that amazed look on their faces when they finished. That look of, "I can't believe I just ran eight miles!" Some of you said it out loud. EIGHT MILES!

Feels great, doesn't it? And you found out that, if you keep your comfortable pace, going longer than you have before is not really that hard. I firmly believe that if everybody knew just how easy it is to increase your distance, the streets and trails would be packed with runners every day.

And the great thing was, nobody got lost!

So what did you think of our eight mile run? Click on the Comments link and share your thoughts with other Frost Toes!

11 comments:

Bill said...

Eight Miles! Wow! The longest distance I've run. Course was great as was the weather. I want to thank the runners I chased along the way: Suzanne, Barbara, Judy and Kim. I'm convinced that running to "catch" up improved my time.

Linda said...

Great job, Barry and all the runners! It was a great day to be out running and see so many accomplishing so much! I remember the days when I couldn't figure out why someone would run six or seven miles in a practice run--it seemed so LONGGGGGGG....to me! Little did I know what would happen if you hang out with this group!

Anonymous said...

Barry, when the clocks are turned back in November what is now 7:00am will be 6:00am. So as it is getting light out now at 7 it will then be getting light at 6.

Barry House said...

Good point, anonymous. How would everyone feel about starting the Saturday runs at 6:30 am?

Anonymous said...

I vote for 7:00!

Anonymous said...

i also vote for 7 am!

Anonymous said...

I hate to upset the apple cart and I will be there whatever time you decide on but I kinda like the earlier start at 6:30

Anonymous said...

Bill Stokes,
Hey, great job running 8 miles. You rock!!
Joy G.

Anonymous said...

The later the better!!

Anonymous said...

Oh please, keep it at seven. the extra hour of sleep is a payback for working hard on the street.

Anonymous said...

7 AM please